MINISTRY APPLICATION - ADULT (18 YEARS OR OLDER)
Any previous last names
Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)*
Household Phone: (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
Mobile Number: (xxx-xxx-xxxx)
Marital Status *
Wedding Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
List children under the age of 18. Include names and dates of birth.
List the ministry/position you are applying for, if applicable:*
Why are you interested in this ministry/position?
I agree with CTR’s Vision, Mission, Values and Faith Statements (Please see I'M NEW website section if review is necessary.):
Is CTR your home church? If No, please select No and then skip to the Faith section.
How long have you attended CTR?
Previous Church before attending CTR:
Are you a Member of CTR (i.e., completed membership class and met with an advisor)? *
FAITH: Briefly explain your Christian experience and where you are at today with your faith. *
GROWTH: How do you keep your relationship with Christ growing? *
SKILLS/ABILITIES, PASSIONS AND SPIRITUAL GIFTS
God has made us each unique—at CTR we believe we are each given abilities, passions, and spiritual gifts to be used for the purpose of building His kingdom. Ways to identify yours:
1) Have you completed the CTR Skills & Abilities Form? *
2) Have you taken the Gift Development Class?
Please list any CTR Pastors, Elders, Staff or other leaders that you personally know:
Please list two non-relative references you have known for a minimum of one year (notify your references that CTR may contact them).
Name of Reference #1*
Relationship 1 (neighbor, friend, etc.)*
Phone Number 1 (xxx-xxx-xxxx)*
How long have you known
Email Address for Reference 1*
Name of Reference 2*
Relationship 2 (neighbor, friend, etc.)*
Phone Number 2 (xxx-xxx-xxxx)*
How long have you known
Email Address of Reference 2*
In order to assure the healthy, safety, and security at CTR, including safety of our children and students, we screen our volunteers.
Please review the statements below and check the appropriate boxes.
PHYSICAL - I know of no contagious disease or health issues that would currently place other people or myself at risk and I am not currently abusing drugs and alcohol.
EMOTIONAL - I have no history of emotional or mental illness that would currently place others or myself at risk.
SOCIAL - I do not have an arrest record (other than minor traffic offenses). I have not been accused, arrested or convicted of child abuse or a crime involving or attempting molestation of a minor.
SEXUALITY - I am currently not having sex outside of marriage. I am currently not practicing homosexuality. I am currently not involved in any form of pornography.
Check the appropriate box *
Lifestyle explanation or question
Liability Agreement: I understand that while I am volunteering with any Christ The Rock (CTR) ministry/activity, on campus or off, that I am not only representing CTR but I am representing the love of Jesus Christ. I will take full responsibility for my actions while serving with any CTR ministry/activity and will not hold CTR liable for my personal actions.
Full Name: By typing my name and date listed below, I agree with the Liability Agreement.*
Date Signed (mm/dd/yyyy):*
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
This form must be read and signed by anyone who will be volunteering directly with minors. Note that some points may not pertain to specific volunteer roles.
Who should read this policy?
- All approved leaders and volunteers working directly with children/youth at Christ The Rock (CTR)
Why is there a policy?
- To prevent abuse from happening to children/youth while involved with CTR staff/programs
- To help protect staff and volunteers from being falsely accused of child abuse
What are the expectations?
- That these policies and guidelines will be read and followed by everyone involved with children/youth
Where does this policy apply?
- At all activities sponsored by Christ The Rock on or off campus
What is the policy?
- Two non-related, approved leaders/volunteers are to be present at all times during activities that involve children/youth.
- No one-on-one contact. Keep conversations/activity within full view of the group and other leaders/volunteers. This prevents isolation of a leader with a child/youth.
- Punishing children/youth by hitting or yelling is not permitted.
- Youth volunteers only discipline children with adult guidance.
- Dress appropriately/modestly to ensure your personal privacy.
- Touching a child/youth should be limited to placing a hand on the individual’s shoulders, hands, arms, head or upper back.
- Touching must be non-demanding. This means that hugs and kisses should not be asked for by a leader/volunteer and they should not be forced upon a child/youth.
- No use of digital devices in places where privacy is expected, i.e. bathrooms, changing rooms, etc.
- Bathroom Policy when serving with children:
Only trained leaders/volunteers may change diapers and must stay in full view of the classroom.
Children in the 2 year old through K/1 rooms must use the bathrooms in the room. If half doors, leaders/volunteers may go into the bathroom with the child and assist them as needed. If no half door, leaders/volunteers stay outside and wait.
2nd-3rd graders must have a leader/volunteer walk them to the bathroom and stay outside and wait.
4th-5th graders may go to the bathroom on their own.
Responsible to Remind and Report
- If you see a violation of the policies and guidelines that seems innocent, immediately take the leader/volunteer aside and remind them that the conduct is not appropriate. Refer to this policy as needed.
- If a child tells you that they are being abused (physically, sexually, emotionally), tell them that for their protection you need to report the abuse to a pastor so they can get help. Do not agree to keep it a secret. Speak to the team leader, ministry leader, or a pastor immediately and do not discuss the situation with others.
- If you are suspicious that abusive behavior may be happening, immediately bring the situation to the attention of the team leader, ministry leader, or a pastor. Do not discuss the situation with others.
Please sign your name below if you have read and agree with Christ The Rock's Child/Youth Protection Policy.
VOLUNTEER and PARENT (if volunteer is under 18): If you will be serving in Children or Student Ministries, please type your names and date below stating that you have read and are in agreement with the above policy.
Date I/we reviewed and agreed to policy (mm/dd/yyyy):