Request food by 5 pm Fridays, pick up on Tuesdays.
Anyone in need of food is welcome to request food from the CTR Pantry.
COVID-19 Update: Our Food Pantry will be open this week and in the weeks to come, with some changes to meet the needs of increased calls. We will accept food donations on Mondays-Thursdays 8 am – 3 pm on donation shelves outside the main entrance. Items needed are diapers, non-perishable food items, peanut butter and jelly, bread, cereal, canned meats, and cleaning supplies/sanitizing wipes/hand sanitizer/hand soap (if you can spare them; but please don’t rush out and contribute to hoarding/scarcity).
FOR OUR FOOD PANTRY CLIENTS & RECIPIENTS: Food pick-ups are scheduled at Christ The Rock on Tuesdays from 8:30 – 9:30 am or 5:30 – 6:30 pm. Because of increased requests, we aren’t packing bags for specific requests* – we will have pre-packed bags of groceries for different family sizes. We are changing our pick-up method to a “drive-up” instead of our usual procedure. Our volunteers will meet you at your car, and will be handing off bags. Food requests must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday to be included in the next Tuesday’s pickup. During this time of COVID-19, we will have extra bags packed for walk-ins, BUT it is very helpful for planning if you call by 5:00 pm on Friday to request food. *If clients have serious health needs, such as food allergies or Crohn’s disease, we are asking people to please leave that information on the voicemail when you call to request food.
To get started:
- Call and leave a message at the Christ The Rock office at 920.730.8383, ext. 416. Please leave your name, phone number and the best time to reach you—and remember to be available at the times you specified in your message. A volunteer will call you back.
- When you speak with a Food Pantry volunteer, you’ll be able to provide some information about your household and food needs – and schedule your pick-up day and time.
- Food pick-ups are scheduled at Christ The Rock on Tuesdays from 8:30 – 9:30 am or 5:30 – 6:30 pm.
All food pantry requests must be received by 5:00 pm Friday to be included in the next Tuesday’s pickup. During this time, reserving ahead is appreciated, but not required. We will have pre-packed bags available.
All food pantry requests must be received by 5:00 pm Friday to be included in the next Tuesday’s pickup. Any calls received after this time will be added to the following Tuesday request list.
- Food Pantry pick up occurs each Tuesday 8:30-9:30 am or 5:30-6:30 pm at the West doors/entrance of Christ The Rock. We ask that you do not arrive before the start time – and also that you arrive before the end time.
- We are here to help you in your season of need! After a period of continual use, we may require you to attend a Leaven financial interview to access additional help. Christ The Rock partners with Leaven in assisting you to find the best solutions in your times of need.
- Only the person or persons making the request can pick up on pantry day.
- Christ The Rock does not deliver, so please make arrangements for transportation.
- Christ The Rock food pantry exists on donations of food, money and volunteer time. Choices of food will vary depending upon donations that have been received; quantity will vary depending on the household size.
- Our volunteers do their best to sort out any outdated food items – but occasionally an item slips through. Before using any food, check that dates on all liquids and semi-liquids, and wash all fruits and vegetables. Remember – you are taking food freely at your risk and CTR cannot be held responsible.
- Christ the Rock Food Pantry is available as a supplement to your food budget. We cannot supply all the food needs of your household. If you feel your need will be a long-term situation, we would be glad to help you find additional help in the community.
Please drop off non-perishable food items on the shelves by the main entrance (center doors) at Christ The Rock 8 am-3 pm, Mondays-Thursdays. Common donation needs are cereal, bread, canned vegetables, canned fruits, canned meats and diapers. Thank you for caring for 700-1,000 hungry people in our community each year!